Cellulite Coffee Scrub
All women want to be beautiful and this is absolutely correct and natural desire. Expensive cosmetics, visits to various cosmetology centers, trips to the gym - this is only a small part of women's life hacks to maintain the beauty and youth of the face and body. And, of course, not a single woman will be glad about the appearance on the hips and buttocks of a nasty "orange peel" - cellulite. What is it and how to deal with this unpleasant phenomenon? Our article will tell you about this.
What is cellulite and its causes
Cellulite or the “orange peel effect” is a violation of the lymphatic microcirculation in the subcutaneous fat layer and, as a consequence, its stagnation. Fat cells stop getting rid of waste products and begin to swell. Dense subcutaneous tubercles are formed. We call them cellulite.
What are the causes of this disease? There are several of them:
- Hormonal disorders in the body or malfunctions during puberty, pregnancy or menopause. By the way, pay attention that men, have no physique, no cellulite. It's all about the low content of the hormone estrogen in the male body. Even in very overweight men, body fat is not cellulite;
- Improper nutrition. Harmful foods (fast food, fatty, fried, sweets, pastries) and drinks with a high sugar content directly affect the appearance of an overweight woman and, as a result, cellulite. However, dieting is also not worth it, because, as you know, the "orange peel" parasitizes on slender ladies. You just need to find a "middle ground" - to abandon unhealthy foods, alcohol and sugary carbonated drinks and replace them with freshly squeezed juices, clean water and healthy food;
- Sedentary lifestyle. Naturally, the less you move, the higher your predisposition to cellulite. This is directly related to a slowdown in metabolism and fluid stagnation in the body. If for some reason you cannot go to the gym, start doing morning exercises, walk more, take long walks. This will help break up lymph and help you fight cellulite.
The following stages of cellulite:
- Stage 1 At this stage, there is no pronounced “orange peel”. It can be seen only by squeezing the problem area with your hand. The skin at this stage is still quite elastic. Reviewing your diet and food basket, increasing the number of physical activities and giving up bad habits will help you get rid of the problem;
- 2 stage. Seals in the form of tubercles appear on the skin in problem areas. It is in them that fat accumulates and lymph stagnation occurs. The skin loses its elasticity and becomes flabby. At this stage, it is worth thinking about conducting mechanical procedures to break up the lumps that have appeared. This can be a massage, a visit to an infrared sauna, various wraps. Physical activity and a special diet are required;
- 3 stage. Cellulite is visible to the naked eye, in addition, it is becoming more dangerous, because, in addition to stagnation of fluids and loss of sensitivity of nerve endings, muscle tissue is also affected, which leads to a loss of muscle elasticity and elasticity, and it becomes more difficult to move. The skin sags. Ultrasound, mesotherapy with lipolytics, and electrolysis are added to the above procedures;
- 4 stage. This is the most neglected and most difficult stage of cellulite. It is characterized by increased tuberosity of the skin, the appearance of a bluish tint due to poor blood supply; in some cases, tissue necrotization occurs. Only radical measures can help here, such as ultrasonic liposuction or classical liposuction with the use of surgical intervention.
The cosmetology industry reacted very quickly to the emergence of such a problem among the female population, and many products appeared on the market to combat cellulite. However, our grandmothers also knew a lot about caring for their bodies and transferred this knowledge to modern beauties. Among natural products to get rid of this problem at home, one of the first places is coffee.
Useful properties of coffee for the skin:
- From a coffee cake or ground coffee, a wonderful scrub is obtained that exfoliates the skin, deeply cleansing the pores;
- Due to the content of caffeine and antioxidants, coffee helps smooth and rejuvenate the skin, remove excess fluid from the body and improve blood circulation;
- Coffee grounds in combination with essential oils, used for anti-cellulite wraps; this mixture helps to break down fat deposits and reduce the volume of problem areas.
Preparation of the skin for the procedure
If you decide to get rid of cellulite at home with a coffee scrub, you must carefully prepare your body to achieve maximum effect. So, what you need to do before scrubbing procedure:
- Make sure you are not allergic to this product. The main principle of any medical procedure - do no harm. Our goal is to get rid of cellulite, but if coffee is not possible due to individual intolerance, you will have to find another product to care for problem areas;
- Before starting anti-cellulite scrubbing, it is necessary to thoroughly steam and cleanse the skin. Pores should be maximally opened for better absorption of the beneficial substances contained in the scrub;
- The duration of the procedure is at least 10 minutes.
- To prepare anti-cellulite scrub, choose black or green coffee, coarsely ground, without any artificial flavors or additives. Instead of ground coffee, you can take coffee grounds and prepare the necessary mixture;
- Massage of problem areas is carried out as follows: legs and buttocks are rubbed intensively from bottom to top (this is how the lymphatic pass) to remove excess fluid from the body; the tummy is massaged in a circular motion;
- The procedure of coffee scrubing must be carried out at least 2 times a week for the appearance and maintenance of a sustainable result;
- Strengthen the effect of the procedure will help subsequent bathing with essential oils of grapefruit, juniper or orange.
Below we will give several recipes that will tell you how to properly prepare a coffee scrub from cellulite at home:
- A classic scrub based on natural coffee is prepared by mixing coffee grounds with water at room temperature, until the consistency of porridge. This mixture is applied to problem areas, massage is carried out for 15-20 minutes; After washing off everything with warm water;
- To achieve better glide, add shower gel to the coffee mass. You can also add some sea salt there;
- Honey scrub using coffee cake: mix coffee and honey in a ratio of 1: 2 and massage the body for 10-15 minutes;
- Salt scrub for anti-cellulite massage: take coffee (1 tablespoon), sea salt (1 tablespoon) and olive oil (5-6 drops). It is preliminary recommended that you thoroughly steam out the body in the bath, then treat the right places with this mixture and rinse after 10-15 minutes;
- The following prescription should be used with caution, as it can cause an allergic reaction. It consists in adding to the coffee grounds tinctures of hot pepper (5-6 drops) and olive oil (also 5-6 drops). The mixture is applied to the body in the form of a wrap and lasts about an hour. If you feel uncomfortable, for example, an unpleasant burning sensation, then it is better to immediately rinse off the product to avoid burns;
- Another interesting option: a cinnamon scrub. This oriental spice will help remove inflammation from the skin and improve blood circulation. This mixture is prepared from the following ingredients:
- ground cinnamon - ½ teaspoon;
- coffee cake - 1-2 tablespoons;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons;
- granulated sugar - ½ teaspoon;
- salt - ½ teaspoon.
Mix the components in a homogeneous mass, apply to problem areas, massage for 15-20 minutes, rinse the mixture with water;
- Oatmeal is also often used in the fight against cellulite, and not only as a healthy breakfast. Mix 4 tablespoons of well-ground cereal with 2 tablespoons of coffee cake, add a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt, mix well and have an intensive massage for 10 minutes. After take a warm shower;
- Essential oils help in the fight for smooth skin on the buttocks and hips. Take a few drops (literally 5-6, not more so as not to cause a negative skin reaction) of grapefruit, orange or tangerine oils, add them to the prepared coffee grounds (about 100 grams), apply to the skin and massage the problem areas for 10 minutes.
Reading reviews on the use of various mixtures using natural ground coffee or coffee grounds to combat the "orange peel", we can conclude that with regular care of yourself using these means, you can successfully defeat cellulite, make it much less noticeable, smooth skin and improve fluid circulation in the body.
Among the positive visual changes on the body after using a coffee scrub, women note a decrease in the volume of problem areas, smoothing of tubercles, and an improvement in skin turgor and its appearance. The free circulation of lymph also resumes, which helps get rid of edema.
In addition, the combination of scrubbing with other anti-cellulite procedures (massage, visiting an infrared sauna, etc.) significantly brings the desired result.
The only drawback of this method of treatment of "orange peel" is the presence of a number of contraindications. If you are allergic to coffee, varicose veins, there are skin diseases, as well as problems with pressure (even external use of coffee is fraught with its increase) or with the heart, you will have to refuse to use coffee scrub and look for another option to fight cellulite.
Do not forget that in order to achieve a lasting effect, regularity of any care procedures is required, as well as proper nutrition, an active lifestyle and rejection of bad habits. Remember that your health and beauty are only in your hands!