Laser hair removal of the upper lip
Often, women are faced with such a nuisance as the formation of "antennae" above the upper lip. Because of this, they begin to complex about their appearance. Today, this problem is easily solved with laser hair removal, which has its own characteristics and advantages.
Features, pros and cons
One of the effective ways to remove hairs above the upper lip is laser hair removal. This procedure is aimed at removing unpleasant and excess hair using laser radiation. Such hair removal differs from depilation in that the hair is removed completely with the root. Laser hair removal procedure is carried out using a laser device.
The radiation of the waves contributes to the destruction of the melanin of the hair, which, in turn, triggers a chain reaction. Melanin, which is at the base and root of the hair, heats up and begins to destroy the growth cells, the nutritional system of the hair. As a result, the weakened hair shaft falls out along with the root. It should be remembered that a small percentage of the roots are in sleep mode, and to completely get rid of unnecessary vegetation, several procedures should be performed. The interval between hair removal, on average, is from 20 days to 1.5 months. In many ways, the exposure time between sessions depends on the thickness of the hair and the power of the device.
The main advantages of laser hair removal of the upper lip are:
- The durability of the result;
- Painlessness of the procedure;
- Safety for the skin (leaves no scars and scars);
- The time taken to remove is no more than 20 minutes;
- Minimal risk of allergic reactions.
Of the disadvantages it is worth noting:
- High price. To completely get rid of vegetation, it is necessary to perform a series of procedures, thereby it becomes an expensive operation;
- Multiple contraindications.
Before deciding on laser hair removal, a girl needs to know not only the features of hair removal, but also contraindications.
Indications and contraindications
Laser hair removal, like any cosmetic procedure, has contraindications. In this case, there can be both absolute (when the procedure is strictly prohibited or it will not give a positive result), and relative contraindications (carrying out after the conclusion of a specialist or eliminating contraindication factors).
Absolute restrictions include:
- Any stages and types of immune or cancer diseases;
- Intolerance to radiation or components of painkillers.
Partial restrictions include:
- Very light, red or gray hairs;
- Skin diseases in the acute or chronic stage;
- A tan that is less than 1 month old or very dark skin;
- A large number of warts, moles, age spots in the upper lip;
- Varicose veins;
- The presence of diseases of a viral or infectious nature;
- Allergy in the acute stage;
- Presence of skin rashes, inflammation or irritation above the lip;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- The period of the menstrual cycle, since at this time the girls feel pain more acutely due to the reduced threshold of sensitivity;
- Blood coagulation diseases;
- The presence of fresh wounds, scratches, cuts of the skin above the lip;
- Age before puberty.
The indications of this procedure include: age over 18 years with the presence of vegetation from light brown to black and the unaesthetic appearance of the girl.
Despite the fact that laser hair removal is considered an off-season procedure, it has some limitations. So, in the summer, it is not recommended to remove the antennae with a laser due to active solar energy. It does not have the best effect on the skin and the result of the procedure. Another reason for refusing to spend it in the summer is the presence of tanned skin. After epilation, pigment spots may form on it.
Based on this, the end of autumn is considered the most favorable time. But even at this time it is necessary to use sunscreen before going outside. Before the first laser hair removal procedure, the patient should adhere to some rules:
- At least 14 days to complete the course of taking antibiotics;
- Within two months, do not remove hairs above the lip yourself;
- During the month, do not sunbathe in the solarium and do not take natural sun baths;
- Shave the hairs in a day or two, leaving 1-3 mm, since too long hair burns from laser radiation and microburns of the skin are obtained;
- In 2 days it is necessary to start taking antiviral drugs if frequent occurrences of herpes on the lips occur;
- Refuse cosmetics on the day of the procedure;
- During the week stop using face products containing alcohol.
If you adhere to these rules, then the procedure itself will pass quickly and without complications.
Laser hair removal is a procedure that takes several steps.
- Consultation with a dermatologist, therapist to identify or confirm the absence of any contraindications. In addition, specialists will determine the skin color type. This is necessary for the correct choice of radiation parameters and the type of laser needed. Another patient needs to test for the presence or absence of allergic reactions to drugs (cream, ointment for pain relief) and laser radiation.
- Applying painkillers to the skin. This stage can be skipped, as it depends on the preferences of the girl and her degree of sensitivity.
- Carrying out the epilation itself. At the very beginning of the procedure, a woman sits down in a chair, puts on special safety glasses. The doctor puts on the same glasses to preserve the vision and cornea of the eye from laser beams. The procedure is carried out only on clean and dry skin of the lips by slowly directing the laser to the area with hairs. Most of the patient reviews agree that during the session, a slight tingling sensation in the upper lip is felt. In this case, laser radiation has a painless and anti-inflammatory effect.
Currently, the most efficient is the neodyne laser. It is a long-wave equipment that provides a wide range of capabilities and high efficiency. This laser can cope with both blond hair and dark on tanned skin. In this case, the skin will not suffer at all. This is possible due to the interaction of radiation not so much with the hair pigment, but with the vessels that feed the hair root.
This device recognizes both the color and structure of the hair. He also easily identifies the type and condition of the skin. According to patient reviews, getting rid of the antennae is much faster and more efficient with the help of this unit. On average, it will take up to 4 sessions.
The process of hair removal does not take much time, it lasts 15-20 minutes. It takes more time to anesthetize the skin over the upper lip - about 30-40 minutes, but this stage is optional. To completely get rid of unwanted hairs above the upper lip, it will take up to 5-7 sessions with an interval of up to 1.5 months. At the end of the session, panthenol is applied to the skin. It is designed to relieve minor inflammation and skin irritation, which disappears after 1-2 hours.
After hair removal, the skin needs special care. In order to eliminate complications, you should adhere to these rules:
- During the day, it is forbidden to wet or wipe the area under the nose with water, a decoction of herbs or tonic;
- Within 2-3 days, you should not use any cosmetic products;
- Within two weeks after the first procedure and between subsequent procedures to reduce sunbathing;
- It is recommended to use a sunscreen and abandon a tanning bed;
- Refrain from going to the pool, bathhouse, sauna for a month;
- Take antiviral drugs for 3 days if a relapse of herpes is observed.
With inadequate skin care after epilation or poor-quality doctor's work, a girl can expect such consequences as:
- Skin burn. This can happen in the case of an obsolete apparatus or unprofessionalism of a doctor;
- The occurrence of herpes. Often this complication occurs in people with low immunity or chronic herpes;
- Folliculitis, to there is a purulent formation in the root of the hair. Most of this complication is due to the fault of the patient, who did not adhere to the basic rules of skin care;
- Complications with vision, eye diseases (conjunctivitis, redness, photophobia). Occurs in cases where safety glasses were not used during laser hair removal;
- Fast hair growth. May occur due to weak radiation that does not remove hair. Such power, on the contrary, stimulates the growth of new hairs and strengthens thin hair;
- In some cases, appears pigmentation;
- Scar and scar formation with improper technology. During epilation, skin integument or infection may have been damaged.
To eliminate the risk of complications, a consultation with a therapist is necessary before hair removal. You should also take a blood and urine test to exclude contraindications for the procedure for removing the antennae. Laser hair removal of mustache in girls is a necessary procedure to restore an attractive appearance. Epilation has both positive and negative points. In many ways, the outcome of the procedure is influenced by the individual characteristics of the body.
For more on laser hair removal of the upper lip, see the next video.