Dialogue is a true art that needs to be learned. This was the case in all former times, and has not changed to this day. Having mastered such a skill, a person opens up many new doors for himself, becoming a coveted interlocutor.
To understand the science of verbal communication, it is important to master several basic stages.
- Listening skills. Not everyone possesses it, for a person is inclined to truly hear only his own voice. It is necessary to overcome and learn to pay all your attention to the interlocutor, as well as to the analysis of the information received from him.
- Overcoming the fear of asking again. It often happens that it does not come out the first time to parse a phrase. No need to hesitate to clarify an incomprehensible word, as this will not only help to avoid embarrassing situations, but also show that the person’s speech matters.
- Facial Expressions. "Playing" with eyebrows, smiles, nods - all this at a subconscious level indicates interest in the conversation.
- Pauses They are necessary during one’s own speech, not only for the sake of eliminating boring monotony, but also in order to give the interlocutor the opportunity to assimilate information or insert some kind of cue.
- Politeness. Wanting to show oneself in the best way, showing upbringing and literacy, one should not forget about politeness. Rudeness, obscene expressions and "parasite words" should be excluded as much as possible, especially when communicating with a stranger.
Learning to conduct a small talk does not hinder anyone. Even if the vis-a-vis has not yet been in a situation where you need to speak at a "high" level. This can happen at the most unexpected moment, and the ability to interest a representative of "high society" will benefit.
There is a small reminder.
- Speech etiquette is very important here. In places where a special culture reigns, communication on a daily level is not allowed. Future interlocutors, as a rule, introduce themselves to each other, calling themselves a full name and indicating some facts about themselves.
- The name and patronymic are pronounced so that the interlocutors so turn to each other during a conversation. Noticing that a person did not remember this immediately, one can carefully remind him.
- Words are only half the image; actions are no less important. It is necessary to stay open, taking a relaxed pose. It is not recommended to cross your palms, scratch your nose and neck. All these gestures will tell the interlocutor about tightness and a small degree of frankness.
- The best topic for discussion is one of the facts that became known when you met. According to etiquette, something common, exactly interesting to both, is suitable. It is worth being careful - contentious issues can lead to a quarrel.
During a conversation with a previously unknown person, one should not raise too banal topics. It is important to try to carefully understand what interests the interlocutor pursues so that he himself can speak out about them. Observing a conversation, noting speech turns, personal conclusions about the degree of knowledge and the number of interests - all this will help to understand a person and determine a topic for communication.
If you want to leave behind exclusively positive emotions, you need to learn how to give pleasure to the whole conversation process. To do this, take advantage of a personal interesting story, somehow related to the chosen topic, having told it and got acquainted with the current opinion of the interlocutor.
A conversation should not turn into a one-sided lecture, and it is important to make farewell as polite and delicate as possible.
Competent construction of sentences, beautiful formulations of one’s own thoughts, smoothness and clarity of speech - without this it is almost impossible to conduct a constructive, enjoyable dialogue. Each of the aspects will contribute to improving the effectiveness of communication, for example, at work. You cannot do without these skills when organizing and conducting events yourself.
Secrets of pleasant communication
Being a good conversationalist for strangers is not as difficult as it seems. You just need to remember a few rules:
- eye contact with a person during a conversation will show him the significance of the ongoing dialogue and interest in him;
- even one smile can give positive emotions and contribute to relaxation;
- maintaining a conversation: the dialogue must be continued for some time, even if the topic of the conversation of one of the parties was uninteresting - do not forget to be polite;
- a raised tone is unlikely to lead to good impressions, however it is better not to speak in a “loud whisper”;
- the use of a person’s name in communication will positively affect him psychologically at a subconscious level;
- It is possible to interrupt the interlocutor during his speech only by chance, in no case on purpose, otherwise this will leave a negative mark;
- correctly express their own opinion only after completing a certain phrase vis-a-vis;
- it is recommended to get rid of the habit of boasting, if any, as soon as possible, because no one likes this character trait;
- everyone has the right to their opinion when it does not turn into an insult.
Simplicity is the key to pleasant communication
It happens that after a conversation with a specific person you feel uncomfortable. In order not to become one of these, just remember some things.
- The main thing is to be yourself, no matter what the circumstances. You cannot deny self worthy of respect.
- If the interlocutor expressly asks for advice on any question, you should not answer the first phrase that came to mind. It is better to spend a little time to think through the situation properly and decide whether it is possible to provide assistance. If it is not there, let the person immediately find out about it, because in this case he will only be grateful for the attention and sincerity.
- Constantly putting oneself above others, one cannot achieve anything good, even in reality possessing such superiority. It is much more pleasant to provide assistance to those close and needy as far as they can, then people themselves will reach for you.
- There is nothing wrong with getting tired of a dialogue, for example, with an annoying and unpleasant person. In this case, it is better to say this directly, so as not to be a hypocrite.
Simplicity is a state of mind that everyone can possess, just removing the “mask” that hides kindness of the heart.
For how to have a small talk, see the next video.